Tuesday, August 30, 2011

When going home isn't as simple as you had hoped...

You ever just want to go home?? Not to go back and live...but just a visit...  your momma and your friends...your favourite restaurants and pubs...your memories... home. We had been planning on coming home in November for Thanksgiving and general shenanigans. But we have come to the harsh realization that it's just not going to happen this Thanksgiving. I hadn't had it in my head that home is a very expensive plane ticket and 5300 miles away...and that's just to get there it's always been just home the place that is easy to get to. Don't go getting me wrong... I absolutely love it here, and honestly have never been happier. But I want to go home. Just for a little holiday...but then there it is again...it's an international trip... a totally different time zone...a totally different country..a totally different continent.

I've been here for 6 months and wow has it flown. I have grown so much it's silly. I've got a great job, slowly yet surely making new friends and becoming more comfortable with everything that has changed.  More and more it is becoming home... my super cute hubby has been amazing through this part of having my off days where all I want is to jump on a plane and see the sun and have my favourite meal...but then turning around and loving everything about Britain....he must be a patient man.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I like burgers and fries. Wedding planning and dancing. Wine and cheese and everything in between. I love my dapper man with everything I've got and about to start the biggest chapter of my life.